Selena Gomez on 'First Love' Justin Bieber: The Next Time I Have a Boyfriend Will Be Different

Selena Gomez on 'First Love' Justin Bieber: The Next Time I Have a Boyfriend Will Be Different.

Selena Gomez strips down — literally and emotionally — for V magazine. In the new issue, the 22-year-old singer opens up about everything she learned from the Justin Bieber era and what lies ahead.


"I think the next time [I have a boyfriend] will be much different," she told her former Spring Breakers co-star James Franco who played reporter for the day. "That's a growing up kind of thing. I was 18 years old, and it was my first love. The older I get, I'm guarding certain things more."

Gomez added she "definitely" isn't looking to get into a new relationship anytime soon. (Guess that shines a light on her current relationship with music producer/DJ Zedd?)

"It was really weird but it was incredible," she continued of her time with Justin. "I would never take it back in a million years. You live and you learn, you know?"


Although Selena doesn't specifically reference the Biebs, it's pretty clear who she is talking about as she was 18 when the two entered into their high-profile and much-talked about relationship.

"When you're young and you're being told so many different things... it almost felt like all we had was each other, like the world was against us, in a way," she said. “Super stoked that I’ve got some bumps on me, some scars, some bruises. I actually love that… It was great to experience really beautiful things, and then, you know, have the growing pains, in every possible manner, in every relationship.”

Their on-again, off-again relationship paired with growing up in the public eye led to depression and anxiety for the Disney alum.

"There was so much going on… You can't help but have some troubles here and there. I don't think it's a smooth process for anyone, and it definitely wasn't for me," she admitted. "There were a few months where I was a little depressed, where I wouldn't leave [my home] as much… I think I drove myself crazy for a little bit. It was just easier to say, ‘Hey, do you mind running to the grocery store and picking some stuff up? I don't want to get photographed.'"


In January 2014, Selena completed a secret stint in rehab, although a rep for the star shot down rumors it was for substance abuse. But one year later, Selena sees nothing but sunny skies ahead.

"I think this year is going to be incredible. I feel the best I've ever felt in my life," she told the mag. "I don't read anything about me anymore at all. I don't spend my time tiptoeing around certain things, because the things I'm going to do aren't bad," she shared. "I'll be 23 soon and I could go to a bar or go to the movies. I could do what I like."

So… is Zedd what she likes? Guess we'll wait and see.


By: By Taryn Ryder - Source: Yahoo! Celebrity