iPhone 6 Plus Can Bend in Your Pocket

The iPhone 6 Could Bend In Your Pocket
The new iPhone 6 Plus is thinner and larger than its predecessors, but some users have also discovered the devices have an unexpected design flaw -- the new phones apparently bend under pressure, CNET reports. The phenomenon has been widely reported on the Internet and has already been dubbed "Bend-gate."

A number of users have said their phones bent after being carried around in their pocket for long periods of time.

In this video posted on YouTube, a reviewer demonstrates just how easy it is to bend an iPhone 6 Plus, which has a relatively pliable aluminum casing:



Some users have shared their "bending" issues on the MacRumors forums. One member described his experience with the iPhone 6 Plus in the following post:
bent iphone 6 Plus

"I received my iPhone 6 Plus 64GB spacegray at about 3pm on Friday and set it up, but haven't worn it out that day, so it wasn't in my pocket. Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back. So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly. As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive (yes, sitting again), I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted. Now I lay it flat with the display side on the table, take a look. Maybe at 5.5" it is too thin?"